Dr. Hitesh Chavda
Dr. Hitesh Chavda
MS FICS FRCS (Edinburgh, UK)
Fellowship Hepatobiliary & Liver Transplantation (Singapore/ Korea)
Senior Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist, Hepatobiliary & Liver Transplant surgeon
Director, Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Epic Hospital, Ahmedabad
Dr Chavda graduated from the Medical Faculty, University of Gujarat in 1993 and completed his residency training from the same University and obtained his Masters degree (MS) in 1997.
He subsequently completed is advance surgical training and obtained his surgical fellowship (FRCS) from The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK in 1999. He obtaining advanced training in Liver Surgery in Paris, France and obtained further training in Hepatopancreatobiliary surgery from Heidelberg, Germany in 2004.
In 2007, he completed one-year fellowship training in Liver Surgery & Transplantation at the Asian Center For Liver Disease and Transplantation, Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore under the directorship of Dr K C Tan. He also visited Asan Medical Centre, Seoul, South Korea for three weeks under the prestigious International Scholars Program for Living Donor Liver Transplantation training. He has been the driving force to co-ordinate efforts to start a cadaveric liver transplantation in Gujarat and Ahmedabad in particular. He is one of the leaders in the field of Gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary surgeries in the state of Gujarat. His main areas of interest are Advanced Gastrointestinal Surgeries, Liver Cancer Surgery and Liver Transplantation.
- Open and Laparoscopic gastrointestinal surgeries
- Laparoscopic surgery for gallbladder stones
- Hernia surgeries for hiatus, femoral, inguinal and ventral hernias
- Laparoscopic appendectomy
- Gastrointestinal cancer surgeries
- Liver surgery for cancers and benign conditions
- Colorectal cancer surgery
- Pancreatic surgery for cancers and pancreatitis
- Surgery for portal hypertension
- Surgery for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s Disease / Stapled and Pouch Procedures
- Retroperitoneal tumor excisions
- Laparoscopic surgery for reflux and hiatal hernia
- Emergency surgeries for abdominal trauma, bleeding, intestinal obstruction and gastrointestinal perforations.